Sunday, September 25, 2011

101 List Update

I spent over an hour yesterday working on this only to have my computer crash on me.  Boy was I happy this morning when I logged in and found that it was saved in my drafts!!  Woohoo!!

So it has been a long time since I have updated my 101 List but I have completed quite a few things so here's an update.

9 - Make My 25th Blood Donation

I actually just completed this one yesterday.  I always figure I should support who I work for so I started donating blood not too long after I started working for CBS.  I was sort of proud to be making my 25th blood donation and then as I was sitting there waiting for my turn, I heard a guy saying that he was making his 100th donation.  Well, there went my excitement, I guess it wasn't that big of a deal anymore.  I am still proud to be a blood donor though and will continue to donate blood for the rest of my life.

As a little side note on this one, it looks as though I am getting sick so I will have to call them and I guess they will have to throw out my donation so that it doesn't pass on whatever I have to someone else.  What a waste!




















7 - Organize The Bins In The Basement & Take A Load To The Dump

This one I completed last fall.  We actually took a couple loads of stuff to the dump.  Everything was looking great and organized down there.  Too bad I need to do it again.  Funny how the basement can mess itself up like that.


12 – Go on a vacation down south
Well, this one was completed back in March of 2011.  We went on a trip to Florida to spend a week with Trevor's parents who spend the winter there.  It was Ethan's first time flying and he did great.  Too bad the other 2 fools I was travelling with weren't as great.  Let's just say that Trevor and Rachel aren't fans of flying.  LOL


13 – Go a full month with no Sushi
I have actually completed this one a few times now.  It seems our trips to the sushi restaurant aren't happening as often as I would like.  It's good to know though that I can survive without having sushi every week!!


17 – Teach Spencer a new trick
This one was easy actually.  Within about 5 minutes, I was able to teach Spencer how to turn on the light.  It was a floor lamp with a switch on the floor that he had to step on but he got it really fast.  Trevor had to laugh when I called him to the basement and told Spencer to turn on the light.


23 – Make baby food that Ethan will actually eat
It only happened a couple times actually, he much preferred the jar food (I usually bought organic) but a few times I managed to get him to eat sweet potatoes or avocado.  Now of course he will eat almost anything, assuming he's not being picky that day.


25 – Go a full week with no ice cream
26 – Go a full week with no Tim Horton’s

I actually haven't been to Timmies in a long time so that one has definitely been completed.  I guess I was addicted to ice cream when I made this list but that has passed so I have manged to go more than a week without ice cream.


38 – Bike with both Spencer & Ethan
I just got a new (used) bike trailer so I have managed to be able to take the two of them out at the same time, and no one got hurt.


45 – Take Ethan to a zoo
Earlier this summer we took Ethan to Parc Omega, he seemed to enjoy it.

Here he is all ready to go to the zoo:


















Here's a pic of the Buffalo (he was HUGE):


















And Ethan enjoying the buffalo:


















The Bears:

And Ethan enjoying the bears:
He really did have a good day, he just decided to have a bit of a nap in the middle of it.


46 – Take Ethan to a Jays game
While I was in Markham this summer for training for work, we decided to try to go to a Jays game.  Ethan was feeling really sick that day and wasn't in a very good mood so we didn't even get to see the first pitch, we just left.  We did get a picture though.


52 – Go a week with no Facebook
I completed this one while in Florida.  I posted on the night when we got there just saying we made it safe and never logged on again until we got home a week later.  It was actually easier than I though.  I thought I was going to go through withdrawal or something.


69 – Take a course
I took a week long course for work on TM1, our new reporting system for work.  It was actually a great course!  I can't wait to start using more of what I learned.


78 – See an ocean
I finally saw an ocean when we were in Florida!!



94 – Get my Passport
Obviously I needed to get this for our trip to Florida.  Nothing really exciting to say about that.


96 – Go on a real merry-go-round
Well, this was sort of a small version of one but we still went on it when we took Ethan to the fair this summer.  He loved it!!


Well, I guess that's about it.  I still have quite a few more to go but I think this makes a good dent!! 

1 comment: